Subscribe now

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bachelor’s Degree in Cosmetology?


 Did you know you could earn a Bachelor’s Degree in Cosmetology?

A lot of people are unaware of this. Not only can you earn a Bachelor, but a Masters as well as a PHD; that's right, a Doctoral degree in Cosmetology. However, to start these college courses you must already be licensed as a professional Cosmetologist.

Here's my story!
I graduated with my Bachelor’s degree in July, 2005, a month before Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast. I was living in New Orleans up until the time of mandatory evacuation. I intended to continue on with my studies to receive my Master’s and then my PHD, but life took a different course for me and so many others that I knew well.
I remember feeling an array of emotions during that time period. On one hand, I was overjoyed that my family, as well as myself was alive and well but to know others weren't as fortunate, made me sad. It was surely a blessing to have made it to safety with my loved ones, regardless of what we lost in the flood.
I, like many other New Orleans’ residents was not able to go back home, after the levees broke; which left me in limbo regarding my next move. No matter where I went, I knew in my heart, it would be temporary. Now, I’m settled in Florida and loving it!
Looking back, there is a small sense of disappointment that I wasn't able to finish what I started but sometimes life doesn't go the way we plan it and I am accepting of that fact.
I have lived to experience many other accomplishments in my life and for that, I am proud of me:) 

xoxo, Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment