Subscribe now

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm a juicer

I've never enjoyed sitting down snacking on an apple or a random piece of fruit. If I wanted a snack, I would opt for a bag of potato chips or something salty. I'm also, not a sweets eater, so fruit just wasn't on my agenda, period. The guilt that I experienced, though, is that I knew I needed more of it in my diet to be healthier.
I had purchased a blender some months back with intentions of making daiquiris, which happened only once or twice. So, I pulled it out of the pantry and just looked at it for a few days. I googled some recipes to get ideas. Next thing you know, I was a full-blown juicer in a matter of a week. I went to the grocery store and bought a variety of fruits and vegetables.
Here is this morning's blend...
strawberries
carrots
apple
banana
kale
pear
cucumber
&
ginger.

I usually just put a small amount of all of the ingredients. If you aren't careful, you can really pack on the pounds, so an 8 oz glass of your favorite cocktail is sufficient. I like to mix fruits and veggies together to avoid too much sugar from just fruit alone. This is a very refreshing, healthy way to ensure I add fruits and veggies to my diet. I usually drink it in the morning while walking my toy poodle, Laila.
By the way, I have now upgraded to a real juicer, not in place of but in addition to my blender. I've had so much fun experimenting in the past weeks with this. Just knowing I'm doing something great for my body gives me a little bit of an added ego boost. It's also been contagious-in the few weeks I've been doing this, I've shared with my close friends and they are now juicers too:)

xoxo, Susanna

No comments:

Post a Comment