Subscribe now

Friday, August 9, 2013

Your Mantra to Becoming a Better Wife

 
As a little girl, I, along with many other little girls, always dreamed of having a perfect wedding day as I married my perfect dream husband. I just knew my Prince charming would eventually come and whisk me off into the sunset and we would live happily ever after. We would live the perfect life, in our perfect little house with the white picket fence and a dog.
Then, I grew up.
I have watched my close friends interact in their relationships and a lot of them seemed dysfunctional, in some way. They either lacked something in their union or they weren't on the same page, let alone reading the same book, much less at the same library!
After closely observing my friends’ situations, I created what I hope will help a massive amount of relationships, if taken heed: a mantra for becoming a better wife.
Even though I have not married, I took the liberty of finding ways to hold myself accountable for my role as a prospective wife, once I found myself in that situation.
Every morning, in private, express these sayings aloud:
I will make my husband a priority
I will spend time with my husband daily
I will allow my husband “guy time”
I will appreciate my husband
I will keep the romance alive
I will show my husband he is important to me
I will not take my husband for granted
I will not anger easily
I will not sweat the small stuff
I will not disrespect my husband
I will not bring other people into our relationship
I will not withhold sex as a punishment
When you devise a plan and make a serious commitment to be a great wife, you will expect the same actions from your husband, who may be oblivious to his own responsive behavior.
It will be like a chain reaction. When you put out positive energy into your relationship you will receive it right back. If you put out negativity, you will be met with negativity, right back. What you put in is what you will get out.
Have you heard the phrase, “Relationships take work?” Well, it’s true and sometimes is an understatement. It is not a far-fetched reality to have the ideal life you've always dreamed of, if only we follow these few principles.
We’re all a work in progress and can grow, learn and improve every single day. We should never stop striving for that ultimate life we have dreamed of all of our lives.
Focusing on making our husbands happy will only benefit us down the road.
Keep in mind nobody’s perfect, not even you, that’s right, I said it! You are not perfect, so allow for your husband to make some mistakes and be an imperfect human, just as you are.
Once you relax and not feel the need to be right all of the time, you will find you can have that happy ending after all.

By Susanna K. Green

No comments:

Post a Comment