Subscribe now

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Remembering the Sweet Nectar (5 star REVIEWS)


Deleting editions of your novel means deleting all of your reviews on LULU...
Talk about a disappointment...
Sweet Nectar Publishing would like to share with you twenty-seven...five star reviews that were originally on Lulu.com. Unfortunately, they have since all been accidentally deleted with the first edition of Remembering the Sweet Nectar.
Let me explain! We released a second edition of the novel, Remembering the Sweet Nectar in 2012 which has a new cover design. In order not to confuse buyers we deleted the first edition that had been online since 2010. Later we found out after going to the Lulu site to see the most current reviews we noticed that there weren't any. To our dismay, we contacted Lulu to discover that it they had all been deleted, along with the first edition.
Luckily, we had already copied and pasted a few.



27) By Children’s Book Reviewer-Renee Hand (5 stars)
9/19/2012

Remembering the Sweet Nectar is a provocative tale of a disastrous relationship. Susanna Green has done a wonderful job capturing the reader’s attention in this soulful 244 page romance novel. Reina thinks the grass is greener on the other side but when she finds out that it’s not exactly the way she thought, her world turns upside down. Many women will be able to relate to Reina’s plight, while others will look at their current relationships and be thankful about how good they have it.

26) By Katie Houston (5 stars)
Apr 24, 2012
This was an AMAZING book!! It kept my full attention the entire time. I had trouble putting the book down. The moral of the story is so realistic, as people we really do take things for granted and sometimes have to learn that the grass isnt always greener on the other side.. the hard way. I can’t wait for another book to come out from this author!

25) By brandon joseph (5 stars)
Apr 21, 2012

Im a guy and I wouldn’t normally purchase a book such as this one. What a pleasant surprise it was for me to actually enjoy reading it. The author really had me hypnotized from chapter one until the very end. I started this book on a road trip that was suppose to last 2 days, but finished it on day one. I just couldn’t put it down. I will definately be on the look out for more material from this author. I have already recommended this book to most of my friends on campus. I can only hope that there is a book two.

24) By Juanita Boyd (5 stars)
Apr 19, 2012
I really enjoyed this book! Through the authors words I was able to visualize the characters, colors and the environment in which the story took place. Remembering The Sweet Nectar is a must read!!! Well Done Ms Green!

23) By Rydell (5 stars)
Apr 17, 2012
I have to say that this is not my “type” of book, however after my wife told me she could not put it down and that I should read it, I relented and said that I would. After reading the book I have to say that I was very pleased with the richness of the characters and the good and bad consequeces of their actions. The main character knows what she wants and how to get it, the problem is, sometimes she got more than she bargained for. Totally “AWESOME” book. You keep going Susanna, I can’t wait for the next book!

22) By Rhonda A Glanton (5 stars)
Apr 17, 2012
Wow! What an excellent storyline..engaging and captivating. I was hooked by the end of the first chapter. Please follow-up with a sequel. I’ll be waiting…

21) By David Winston (5 stars)
Apr 17, 2012
The book was awesome. I love the full details of the characters. The author made me feel like I was there experiencing the ups and down with them.It was very interesting from start to finish. Once I started it was very hard to stop.

20) By TJ (5 stars)
Apr 13, 2012
I just finished reading this book, and I am totally in love with it!! I love the way the that the author made the characters come to life, as if they were good friends of mine, and I was right there with them through all of the ups and downs of their life. Each scenario kept me deeply intrigued and wanting to see what would happen next. I saw a bit of myself and my friends in the characters which made them even more relatable to me. The characters had me laughing out loud, made me fuss and cuss at them, and had my eyes watering with both joy and sadness all throughout the book. This book will definitely not leave the reader disappointed, it will keep your interest from start to finish and have you feeling as if the lead character is your best girlfriend whom you have known forever and with whom you have shared so many life experiences. It is an emotional ride that will leave you wanting to see what happens in the next installment of the series. I will be first in line for it!!

19) By jasmon sipp (5 stars)
Apr 11, 2012
What an awesome reading!!!!I had a hard time putting it down once I began reading it. Must admit I got caught up in this book from the beginning to the end..I’m ready for the next book let’s go!!!!!!

18) By Audrina Phillips (5 stars)
Mar 31, 2012
A WARNING for those who have trouble sleeping at night…don’t read this book at bedtime! It will have you up all night! I couldn’t put this book down! Even at 5 in the morning! Susanna Green’s characters in this book captured the emotion that is so real in many relationships today. This novel’s surprises keep you guessing at what’s next. Do I smell a possible screenplay in the works? “Remembering the Sweet Nectar”–literary modern African-American genius. Can’t wait for the next installment!


17) By Melody McCord (5 stars)
Mar 29, 2012
Susanna Green”s “Remembering the Sweet Nectar” is an “awesome” book!!! Have told many friends, and have lent my book out as well. Keep up the great work!! Hope to see more soon.


16) By Candace Penn (5 stars)

Mar 22, 2012
The Grass is Greener in the Big Easy! This is an interesting spin on the age old notion of the neighbor’s grass having a lusher and greener hue. Reina, the main character has a very straight forward and determined point of view. She spins this tale with unwavering passion in her convictions. Remembering the Sweet Nectar has vivid supporting characters that weave an intriguing, titillating and unexpected path to a destination unforeseen. This is a quick and easy read that will leave you wondering what will happen next. Enjoy!

15) By Thalassa Edwards (5 stars)

Mar 18, 2012
I found out about this book through my husband who one day brought the book home and would not put it down. He doesn’t read too many books or at least finish them. After he had finished it I picked it up and began reading it. I now see how Ms. Green was able to keep my husbands attention for so long. The twist and turn of the plot was like riding a roller coaster. A couple of the characters reminded me of some of my very own friends when I was younger. I found myself not wanting the story to end and yearning for the next episode. I would recommend this book to anyone. Eagerly awaiting her next book.

14) By Tyrone Edwards (5 stars)

Mar 18, 2012
WOW is the one description that comes to mind when describing this book. I do not know who or where this author came from but she is truly going to be a big hit. I mean I could not put this book down, it usually takes me about two to three weeks to read a book of this size, but I was able to read it in one. I could not put it down I found myself using my breaks and lunch to continue reading. This author kept me wanting to find out what was going to happen next. Every line seem to place me into the story as if hey I know that girl. I can’t wait for her next book to be published. Please send me a notification when it is available for sale.

13) By FREDERICK SIMS (5 stars)

Mar 18, 2012
Im not the usual book reader. Im the type that would pick up a book and if the first two pages don’t grab my attention, I would put it back on the shelf. What a surprise it was for me when I stumbled across this book. Not only did it grab my attention, but I was unable to put it down. I work late at times, and while at work I’m counting the hours to rush home to finish reading it. During the read, I would actually feel like I was right in the middle of it all. This read was well written and if there ever was a second novel to come out of the first, I will be one of the first to buy it. I would recommend this book for any and everyone. Looking forward the reading more from this author!

12) By Nicole Brewer (5 stars)

Feb 2, 2012
This book was Immense!! Definitely a more than 1 time read. This is something alot of people go through at some point in their lives (Believing the Grass is Greener on the other side) therefore, I couldnt put the book down until I finished it. Have and will continue to recommend it. Thank you for writing an amazing, inspiring book!! I hope to see more from you in the near future!

11) By Katelin Rivera (5 stars)

Feb 2, 2012
Loved this book! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us!!!

10) By dwana frank (5 stars)

Jan 30, 2012
This book was fun to read. I loved the unexpected twists and turns which kept me turning the pages. I couldn’t put it down until I was done. It’s easy to visualize, know and feel the characters. Great job, Susanna. Your book was seductively entertaining. Next…

9) By Tita M Green (5 stars)

Jul 12, 2011
Excellent read! I literally could not put it down! I finished the book in two days! The characters were very realistic; the plot was filled with twists and turns and even some shockingly raw revelations! It grabbed my attention by the throat and DID NOT let go!!! I LOVED it! I cannot wait ’til the next one; I just have to know what happens next! Susanna, thank you for such a thrilling masterpiece…please don’t let the ink dry out in your pen! Lots of love!

8) By R (5 stars)

Jun 29, 2011
This is a book that I would normally not read. However, I am glad that I made the huge decision to snap out of “the usual” and give it a try. Perhaps because the narrator’s unique perspective (that of an African American woman) was, in fact, so unique to a reader like me (who, like many others, is so completely used to reading the canonical “dead, white, male” authors of literary tradition), I was drawn in right from the start. And once the story got rolling, I could not put it down until I had read all the way through. Green creates a fully three-dimensional world in which the twists and turns never stop; there is always a surprise around the next corner. I can assure you, the reader will never, ever find him or herself bored. Green has succeeded in putting a dose of flavor and sass into her work here, there’s no doubt about that. The characters pop off the page– be warned, however, some personalities are less than desirable– and the dialogue smacks of realism. I’m laughing as I remember this particular aspect of reading the novel…I was so into the story and the characters within it, that when I would think to myself, my inner monologue slowly started to mimmick the tone and diction of the very characters I was reading about. That is certainly high praise! I can not wait until Green’s next installment. I will be among the first to get a copy!

7) By helen brooks (5 stars)

Jun 24, 2011
this book was very rewarding to the soul remembering the sweet nectar was a very good fit for this book…also very happy to get my book signed by susanna green she is even prettier in person…keep up the good work.

6) By dhebertlaw (5 stars)

Nov 14, 2010
I loved this book! I’ve recommended it to several friends!!

5) By Cle’Von Brown (5 stars)

Aug 13, 2010
I’m really not a novel reader but this book has a story to tell within a story! AN EXCELLENT READ! This book is for everyone; single, married, male or female…I can see this book turning into a stage play or on the BIG SCREEN soon!! I’m so proud of you Susanna!!!

4) By Maria Felix (5 stars)

Jun 23, 2010
I remember starting to read the book and vividly imagining the scenarios  I could relate my self to alot of the heartfelt moments. I can say that this book will be one of the books that I could read over and over!

3) By Adriane Warren (5 stars)

Jun 13, 2010
I loved this book!!! Reading it was like being on a three day adventure, I couldn't put it down! I’m introducing it to my book club for next month, and they are already excited!

2) By Steven Boyd (5 stars)

Jun 9, 2010
Fantastic read! I’d compare this book to a nicely seasoned meal that feeds the mind properly. Spicy but not too spicy, lots of food for thought, suspense, funny, some heart felt moments and some sexy for desert! I just hope there is a part two.. I really want to know what happens in these colorful people. Dont not reeed this book!

1) De’ron Smith (5 stars)

May 15,2010
“An impressive debut filled with honest emotion, speaking directly to the heart.”


www.sweetnectarpublishing.com


No comments:

Post a Comment